Number 20, September 2013
Terminotix is proud to announce the launch of LogiTerm 5.5 on December 1st 2013. The new version features many changes:
Changes made to the LogiTrans Matches tool
- The LogiTrans Wizard has been redesigned and simplified for a quicker and more efficient use.
- The way matches are scored has been revised. The matches analysis is more precise. The green highlighting now represents a score between 90 and 99 %.
- A REFER.xml file is created for an unilingual LogiTrans analysis, which means that the LogiTrans Matches tool displays differences between sentences in unilingual documents.
- You can now give priority to matches in the LogiTrans Matches tool based on multiple criteria.
- You can give priority to manually-added reference documents over documents found in modules.
- Differences with regard to punctuation and word inversions are now taken into account.
- In the analysis report, each level of fuzzy matches is now broken down.
- LogiTrans Presets can be created directly in the LogiTrans Wizard interface.
- The Comprehensive Search option has been deleted from the interface, it is now activated by default.
- The Miscellaneous References bitext does not exist anymore.
- Bitext search results are more relevant. From now on, you will have to put your query between quotes in order to launch a litteral search.
- The tool now features four cells. The last cell enables you to build a translation from multiple translations.
- You can insert bold, italics and underlining formatting directly in the tool.
- You can skip a highlighted sentence without having to translate it with the tool.
- Sentences are not cut in half by reference marks and hyperlinks.
- The handling of terminology entries found in highlighted sentences has been improved.
- You can choose a font size from a range of 8 to 24.
- You can use the Ctrl + Delete/Backspace commands.
Terminotix Toolbar Update
In the new update of the toolbar, you can remove search engines that you do not want to see in the toolbar. Also, the e-Laws site has been added. Click on the following link to download the new Terminotix toolbar.
Events that Terminotix will participate in
- ACGL – September 12th, 5 pm, Café de la République à Montréal.
- ATA - San Antonio (Texas), November 6th to 9th 2013.
- OTTIAQ – Annual conference and continuing education day on November 22nd and 23rd respectively. Terminotix will offer, in French only, its Computer toolbox for Language Professionals course on November 23th.
Terminotix confirms that WeBiText will remain free. WeBiText is a powerful multilingual concordancer that enables you to choose any multilingual website as a corpus! Did you know that you can create bitexts directly from WeBiText using LogiTerm? If not, we invite you to have a look at the WeBiText video on: YouTube.
keeps covering serious ground
The insurance company Northbridge, the financial firm Richter and the lawyer firm Blake, Cassels & Graydon have recently chosen LogiTerm and AlignFactory as a complete translation solution. Two of them have replaced a Terminotix competitor's solution by LogiTerm.
The Computer Toolbox for Language Professionals in Sherbrooke
Terminotix will offer (in French) its successful course the Computer Toolbox for Language Professionals at the Université de Sherbrooke in Sherbrooke on October 5th. The number of places is limited. For more details about the course and to know how to register, please click on the following link: Terminotix.
© 2013 Terminotix inc. — http://terminotix.com