Issue 33, February 2020
What is new in 4.0?
- Integration of a confidence index, allowing the creation of higher quality alignments;
- Two new alignment filters that enable you to a) reject alignments under a certain score threshold and b) reject alignments with a phrase ratio other than 1:1;
- New document file-matching engine for faster identification of document pairs to align;
- Greatly increased alignment speed thanks to parallel algorithms that take full advantage of multi-core processors;
- Handling of ASP and ASPX file formats;
- Addition of ISO language markers by default to assist with project creation;
- “Web Crawler” function now compatible with almost all websites.
AlignFactory is a document-alignment program. For more information, please visit our web site.
Coming soon to 6.0
As of the end of February 2020, enjoy several new features and improvements:
- For better navigation, LogiTrans will show several matches instead of just one;
- Pretranslation dictionaries: inflections will henceforth be generated automatically once terminology records are created and updated transparently. It will therefore no longer be necessary to create pretranslation dictionaries!
- Inflection generation now available for 4 new languages: German, Russian, Spanish, and Portuguese;
- LogiTerm Pro, like the Web version, will allow the management of terminology records directly in the application.
- File formats IDML, XLIFF, HTML, ASP or XML will be better managed by LogiTrans;
- “Reinsert Translation” function simplified—reinserting many documents at once is now possible;
- New file management function in LogiTerm Web: it will now be possible to transfer files between workstations and between client and server, eliminating the need for FTP-type applications;
- Exportation of terminology search results to SYSTRAN dictionaries, allowing SYSTRAN to improve the quality of its outputs by taking into account your terminology;
A complete translation solution, LogiTerm contains functions for the alignment of documents, research, pretranslation, and term extraction. For more information, please visit our website.
5.5 coming soon
This new version, due to be released in April of 2020, will offer several new features and improvements:
- Pretranslation of documents through the SYSTRAN PNMT™ neural translation software (sold separatly) integrated into the BridgeTerm Web interface;
- New calendar feature showing a monthly, weekly, or daily glimpse of the tasks being worked on or to be delivered, filterable by resource or by client;
- Integration of LogiTerm’s “Project Analysis” function;
- New simplified projects, more user-friendly and accessible through the Client Portal.
BridgeTerm Web is a translation workflow platform that helps translation team coordinators greatly reduce the time spent preparing translation requests. It also accelerates the process of assigning work to in-house and freelance translators. For more information, please visit our website.
and package deal
New pricing model:
- With the purchase of a LogiTerm Web server licence, the BridgeTerm Web server licence is offered to you at no additional cost, and vice versa.
- With the purchase of a LogiTerm Web client workstation licence, the BridgeTerm Web project manager workstation licence is offered to you at no additional cost, and vice versa.
This offer is available to all existing LogiTerm Web and BridgeTerm Web clients.
For all inquiries regarding this offer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terminotix will attend Rendez-vous Ottawa 2020 as well as the Language Industry Association’s Annual General Meeting next February 27 and 28 2020. AILIA is an organism whose mission is to promote the Canadian language industry and make it more competitive, both nationally and internationally. Meet at the Delta Hotel in downtown Ottawa!
- JIAMCATT 2020
In London from April 15 to 17 2020, Terminotix will be attending JIAMCATT 2020, organized by the International Maritime Organization. Come meet our team!