Issue 36, September 2022
update: Excel processing, Traditional Chinese compatibility, and new search engines
Version 6.1.3 of our flagship LogiTerm software is now available. This new version integrates the following features:
- LogiTrans: When reinserting Word documents, users can now insert an LT.xml. document into the source document, as they would with any other type of file. LT.docx files are no longer involved in the process. What’s more, the final Word document is now cleaned up automatically.
- Target file metadata is now present in bitexts.
- Users can now translate and reinsert all text extracted from Excel files, including table titles, chart titles, and tab names.
- LogiTerm Web Client is now compatible with Traditional Chinese.
- Search engine options have been expanded to include Usito, Clefs du français pratique (now called Clés de la rédaction) and ConjugArt.
- Portage context selection is now available in the LogiTrans wizard.
- The statistics report (STATS.htm) now contains an NMT usage parameter.
- Bitext modules can be exported in TMX format with date ranges and language lists.
- The LogiTrans Matches tool now auto-propagates downward within a document rather than changing already translated segments.
- Export to print format now lets users export more than one group of term records at a time.
LogiTerm is a full-scale computer-aided translation solution. It is the only tool that can align documents in any format, perform context-based searches within bilingual and unilingual documents, pretranslate projects, and extract terminology. Learn more about LogiTerm products.
Contact email@example.com to obtain the update with a valid support contract.
New in : DeepL compatibility and Japanese
New features in SynchroTerm version 2022, build 5 include:
- The ability to export records in DeepL Glossaries format. After Systran, DeepL is the second neural machine translation system that can be dynamically enhanced using SynchroTerm.
- The software now supports term extraction in Japanese.
SynchroTerm is the world’s premier term extraction tool. It accelerates the process of extracting terminology and creating term records by employing statistical algorithms to automatically identify equivalent terms and extract them in any format. Learn more about SynchroTerm.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest version of SynchroTerm with a valid support contract.
Updates to the Terminotix Plugin for Windows: Customizable insertion settings and memoQ improvements
We have made the following improvements to the latest version (build 25) of the plugin:
- In the configuration settings, users can choose whether they want the text they highlight in the LogiTerm Client, LogiTerm and WeBiSearch tabs to be reinserted back into the active application automatically. This change was made following comments from clients, who found automatic insertion to be too intrusive.
- When using the plugin with memoQ, the tool now searches for the entire sentence when no text is highlighted (as in Word).
The Terminotix Plugin for Windows is a revolutionary tool that instantly shows results from bitexts, terminology and NMT engines. It then lets users insert matches at the touch of a button. It is compatible with almost any application in Windows: Microsoft Office, web browsers, translation memory software, desktop publishing software, and more.
Contact email@example.com to obtain the update with a valid LogiTerm Pro support contract, or firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase the plugin as a standalone product.
New in 4.0.2: Quality score and enhanced speed
This new version of AlignFactory offers the following improvements:
- Bitexts now include scoring to indicate alignment quality.
- Matching and alignment engines have been improved to offer enhanced speed.
- Two new filters let users reject alignments under a given score and alignments with a sentence ratio other than 1:1.
- AlignFactory is now compatible with ASP and ASPX formats.
AlignFactory is a powerful tool for aligning multilingual documents. Learn more about AlignFactory products.
Contact email@example.com to download the update with a valid support contract.
update: Smart features and easier browsing
BridgeTerm Web 5.8.0 is now available. This new version boasts the following features:
- Project-specific changelogs have been added to display progress and track which user made changes when.
- Two access privileges have been added to the Workload tab.
- The software now allows you to hide project deadlines and tasks for other collaborators from specific collaborators (freelancers, etc.).
- New columns and fields have been added to production reports for greater specificity.
- A project type column has been added to the distribution page.
- Improvements have been made to the List tab in the Tasks window (final column): task status icon; progress percentage tooltip; unassigned tasks displayed.
- Select/deselect all check boxes have been added throughout the platform.
- Major changes have been made to the calendar.
- Enhancements and corrections have been made to the Invoicing tab: submenu for accessing the To invoice and Invoices pages; improved layout on the To invoice and Invoices pages.
- Addition of titles to the history page and to browser tabs to facilitate browsing.
Learn more about BridgeTerm Web.
Once again, Terminotix is looking forward to meeting Quebec language professionals at the 2022 OTTIAQ conference [in French]. OTTIAQ is an association representing Quebec’s certified translators, terminologists and interpreters. As a Quebec-based company, we are eager to catch up with our local clients in person at this event, which will be held on October 14, 2022, at the Palais des congrès in Montreal.
Terminotix will be at ASLING’s 44th annual Translating and the Computer conference in Luxembourg on November 24 and 25, 2022. The International Association for Advancement in Language Technology conducts important work at the intersection of technology and the language professions. Visit our kiosk at the European Convention Center Luxembourg to discuss our products and solutions.