Issue 35, February 2022
Translate faster than ever with the Terminotix plugin for Windows
The Terminotix plugin for Windows is a powerful tool that combines bilingual concordance search, full text search, terminology search, and neural machine translation. It lets you find and insert translation and terminology matches at the touch of a button.
The plugin is easy to use and accessible from anywhere. To launch a search from any Windows application (Word, Adobe, PowerPoint, Chrome, Edge, Trados, InDesign, etc.), simply press the left Ctrl key twice. The plugin window will appear, showing the matches found in the sources you have configured.
Available resources (access privileges permitting):
- NMT engines such as Systran, DeepL, ModernMT, TradooIT, Alexa Translations A.I., and Microsoft Translator. The plugin can display suggestions from up to six NMT engines at the same time;
- Concordance matches from your bitext, full text, terminology, and reference databases;
- The free WeBiSearch tool;
- TransSearch, the Canadian Hansard bitext database (paid subscription).
Use the tabs at the top of the window to see multiple results.
Once you have found what you are looking for and finished post-editing, reinsert the translation directly into the application you’re working in at the click of a button, or using a keyboard shortcut. It is also possible to insert a portion of the result by simply highlighting the relevant words.
The Terminotix plugin for Windows is compatible with LogiTerm Web (in-house and remote), LogiTerm Pro, TransSearch, WeBiSearch, Systran, DeepL, TradooIT NMT, Alexa Translations A.I. ModernMT, and Microsoft Translator.
6.1 is now available
Version 6.1 offers the following updates and new features:
- Addition of new neural machine translation engines to LogiTrans, LogiTerm’s pretranslation tool: Alexa Translations A.I., Microsoft Translator, and DeepL.
- The main Canadian Aboriginal syllabics characters can now be processed in alignment and pretranslation (support for Inuktitut).
- Implementation of predictive typing for language drop-down lists in the document alignment wizard.
- Compatibility with the SAML protocol, enabling SSO authentication for hosted clients.
- Major alignment quality improvement for Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Arabic, Balkan and for Canadian Indigenous languages.
- Separate windows of the LogiTrans application can be launched for each LT.docx document open in its own Word window. Each LogiTrans window will remain linked to the Word window from which it was launched.
- Removal of text size limits in the align text portions tool.
- LogiTrans and the reinsertion function are now compatible with “Portable Object File” (.po) and “YAML Ain’t Markup Language” (.yaml) file formats that contain text or HTML fragments.
LogiTerm is a full-scale computer-aided translation solution. It is the only tool that can align documents in any format, perform context-based searches within bilingual and unilingual documents, pretranslate your projects, and extract terminology. .
5.7 is now available
BridgeTerm Web version 5.7 features the following updates and enhancements:
- Implementation of workflow templates. For all advertising projects, for example, you can now establish the same task sequence, such as: coordination, pretranslation, revision, proofreading. Other types of projects may have a different task sequence.
- A button to let you check whether a new version of BridgeTerm Web is available has been added to the Management menu.
- Fewer clicks on the resource and contact profile creation and editing pages.
- Rate markup data now appears in production reports.
- Markups can now be applied to projects.
- Addition of a security levels field in the header with basic information about the project.
- Freelancers can now add invoicing to their tasks.
- Addition of a Mark all as read check box. Action is directed toward the active file.
- Multi-page invoices. Layout options for pages beyond page one.
- Integration of a search function on the Management | Configuration | Settings page.
- Option to assign more than one security level to a resource.
- Addition of an option on the requester portal to indicate whether slide notes should be translated.
- Addition of a grouping by language pair option to resource production reports.
- Ability to have a project go directly from the production stage to the stage after delivery.
- Ability to configure the maximum number of characters in a short request.
- The default deadline is now three days following the current date.
BridgeTerm Web is a translation workflow system that helps language services departments substantially reduce time spent preparing requests and accelerates the assignment of projects to both in-house and freelance translators. .
Improvements in version 4.0
Version 4.0.1 offers the following updates and new features:
- Major alignment quality improvement for Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Arabic, Balkan and Canadian Indigenous languages.
- Integration of the FIPS encryption protocol.
- Addition of missing regions for the following languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Catalan, Kiswahili, Turkish, Romanian, Greek, Arabic, Persian, and Urdu.
- Addition of missing character blocks for the following Unicode languages and ranges: Tagalog, Unified Canadian Aboriginal Syllabics Extended, Cyrillic Extended-C, Georgian Extended, and Latin Extended-E.
- Addition of Inuktitut. The main Canadian Aboriginal syllabics characters are also now incorporated into the cognate alignment algorithm.
- Addition of an option to deactivate the reliability test when creating bitexts. This option allows you to create bitexts even when there is a large difference between the sizes of your documents.